Whether you are researching a product to buy or write about, and possibly promote as an affiliate, it helps a great deal to know where to look for accurate and up-to-date info. If you are writing reviews, knowing as many resources as possible to gather information will really boost the quality of the content in your articles.
Below I list 5 of my favorite resources for finding product information, reviews and content for an article also.
1. The best place to get the most accurate information, specs and features on a product is the official website. A simple Google search for the product should reveal the official site. You can also enter into the search bar: product manufacturer, or product supplier
2. One of the best resources to check out for product information is YouTube. There will usually be a video on YouTube or within the search engine results if the product is popular. Obviously, you can see and hear about the product by watching the video but you can also write down the info word for word without being penalized for duplicate content, in a product review or article of your own.
I always watch at least a few videos from different sources and take notes as I go through them. You can also embed one (or part of one) of the videos into the article.
3. Another potentially great source of information that can and should be used is the Amazon Customer Reviews. The comments that are listed for each product give a great review which we can use in our article or review.
4. Quora, with close to 200 million monthly unique visitors is a platform where people ask questions and connect with others that give quality answers and insight on just about any topic or product.
5. Yahoo Answers is a great source also, a community-driven website or knowledge market. They are much larger than Quora and have been active since 2005. Yahoo Answers is also a platform where many people ask questions and many answer them.
Here are some keyword searches that you can do to find information on a potential product to promote on your website. Search with these, and similar type keywords in the Google Search Bar to gather product information, which can be used as content for a product review or write-up:
(Replace product with product name)
- is product a scam
- does product work
- product reviews
- How much does product cost
- Is product any good
- product complaints
We can also use the alphabet soup technique on the product and you will come up with a lot of ideas as you research your product related keywords.
Example: let’s say that we’re researching “headphone” products. Into the search browser Enter:
- headphone a
- headphone b
- headphones a
- headphones b
- c, d, e, f, g, etc.
Notice the keywords that are revealed in the browser drop down as you type. These are the most popular search terms used by those using that search engine to find a headphone product. You can see just what people are searching for and get some great ideas for products as well as sources and targeted audiences to promote the product to.